why do you ship shamy? they suck
Why do I ship Shamy? *Sursonica here*
There are a million reasons, but I will explain just a few, because I doubt you would understand, being that your only reasoning is that “they suck” LOL
They’re different: They are so different to any other couple I have seen on TV! Both Amy & Sheldon unique and this translates onto their relationship. They started their relationship based off on mutual interest & intellectual estimulation… they clicked a few seconds onto their first meeting and they how many times do we get to see that? Just with them. Almost every couple on TV, or movies, go through a pattern of: physical attraction, sexual attraction, romantic feelings, friendship, mutual understanding. The Shamy has evolved as: intellectual estimulation, mutual interests, friendship, and just now we are getting a glimpse of romantic feelings & physical attraction. It’s such a joy to watch them evolve and slowly gravitate towards the other.
They “get” each other almost completely: to the extreme that they are probably the only two people in the world who are able to play Conterfactuals.
They get to be themselves in their relationship:They don’t have to “dumb down” their words for the other to understand, they get to have conversations in their own language, they don’t have to “dress up” for the other, they are confident and appreciate each other just as they are. They never judge each other on their actions. They accept each other as they are.
They challenge each other through words, not through screaming at each other: And for someone who hates fighting as much as Sheldon this is extremely important. Even when they fight (the two times they did), they do it in a civilized way and they care about the other too much. They always find a middle ground, they have an amazing way to negotiate and advance at their own pace.
ohh you want a couple more? these are the ones we have listed so far at FanForum:
- Because they were chosen by science!
- Because “This pair is fast becoming likely the sweetest nonsexual, non-romantic romance in T.V. History.”
- Because “Whether you see it or not is irrelevant.” - Sheldon Cooper
- Because “Sheldon and Amy are destined for weirdness forever.” - Mayim Bialik
- Because, like Penny, we’re all, “So diggin’ the Shamy!”
- Because “I’m pulling for us…I like this.” - Jim
- Because it’s official: Amy is Sheldon’s girl!
- Because “He is ok with being her experiment.” - Jim
- Because they are platonic partners
- Because “Sheldon is especially special to Amy.” - Mayim
- Because “Sheldon and Amy have something unique”
- Because: “Amy thinks of Sheldon as her kinda-sorta boyfriend.” - Mayim
- Because “She is not for you!….not for you!”
- Because “Amy, will you be my girlfriend?” “Yes!”
- Because “Sheldon was being very territorial in sort of a sweet way.” - Mayim
- Because “Honey, we gotta move this thing somewhere.” - Jim to Mayim
- Becuase “It may not seem romantic to some people, but he is really speaking from the heart.” - Jim
- Because “If anyone is going to be his soulmate, it’s me.” - Mayim
- Because “They have their own brand of Shamyness that gets them through.” - Melissa
- Because she knows his koala smile.
- Because he’s her snuggle bunny.
- Because they are Pasadena’s favorite power couple.
- Because they’re surrendering… to fun!
- Because they don’t want to flaunt their happy relationship.
- Because it’s take your Sheldon to work day.
- Because he said, “Sorry.”
- Because we’re basking in the radiation of their love
- Because he made her feel like a princess for the first time in her life
- Because “that makes sense, and I completely agree”
- Because they’ve got Chemistry, Communication, Camaraderie and Care
- Because the Music Took him to Amy
- Because they’re shamelessly having eye-coitus all around pasadena
- Because we’re already in a Shamy vortex.
- Because he’s making love to her with his eyeballs.
- Because “they have the most stable relationship of anyone on the show.”
- Because she thinks he would look sexy with long hair
- Because he’s enslaved by a hotsy totsy from Glendale & she thinks he’s handsome
- Because he’s the best and only boyfriend for Amy
- Because their Relationship Agreement is a binding covenant
- Because both Sheldon and Spock are in functional relationships with fascinating women
- Because the Zazzles’ significance proves Sheldon’s emotional bond with Amy
- Because they break stereotypical stories through the Sheldon and Amy filter
- Because Jim think Sheldon is obviously attracted to Amy
- Because Jim think their relationship is “beautifully odd”
- Because “Amy has a Sheldon.”-Penny
- Because he didn’t want her to stop.
- Because they’re playing Doctor, Star Trek style. ^_~
- Because his eidetic memory makes her uterus quiver.
- Because Amy is the only one who treats Sheldon as a man, and not a child.
- Because in their relationship they are themselves.
- Because they’ve found a way for it to work for them and it’s not the way it works for other people.
- Because they’re having “Fun with Flags.”
- Because this is our Shamyface.
- Because our psychoanalysis proves they are meant to be.
- Because she wanted to show him off to her family.
- Because Sheldon’s having affectionate feelings for her at inappropriate times.
- Because he got to blow the whistle because of her.
- Because she arranged for him to be a Junior Amtrak Train Conductor.
- Because Sheldon is a brains-man.
- Because Tiara’s and Trains are always a good idea.
- Because when they dance there are hands everwhere!
Here, have some gifs too (not my gifs most of them)
I’m sorry… what was the question again??